Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sabbatical?

Perhaps the mathematicians among us can find some multiple of seven in the number of my posts or in the days or weeks of the duration of this blog. But even if there is none, I have decided to take a sabbatical from this endeavor. I tire of the via negativa of this approach. I will continue to faithfully read Engaging Your World to be aware of what is being said. I choose not to shoot from the hip in response. A good example is Pastor Tom's concern about Islam. He may have studied this topic extensively, but I have not done enough study myself to feel comfortable either agreeing with his assessment or finding fault. His abiding concern has led me to study Islam as objectively as I am able, but I cannot respond with a quick blog reply. Since I am writing a weekly 500 word column I need to focus my thoughts and craft them accordingly. Thus, this reactionary blogging has become a distraction.

I hope you will read my weekly offerings (and respond to them) at OpEdNews.com and at my primary blog, Culture Dove. I will leave this blog here and will notice if any comments are left, but for now I will not be posting daily.

Blog you later?
Pastor Ian

3 comments:

The Real Music Observer said...

I thought the old picture of you was way more flattering. The new one looks too much like the real you ;-)

I understand your reluctance to post as a reaction to a man who doesnt need further publicity via reactions to his blog. He used to like to boast about the counter-blogs that were against him. Your column is a much more effective way to spread your views and make your writing more precise.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.