Thursday, August 9, 2007

Context?

I would suggest to Pastor Tom that he take his own advice and read the Bible in context. Taken in small enough snippets, the Bible can support most any position, such as the health and wealth heresy as he suggests. The way to avoid this sort of problem is to read the whole book before drawing conclusions and looking at the big picture of that story. I suggest that his view of homosexuality suffers from a lack of this sort of reading in the big context.

Perhaps if there were more Bible-believing Christians we wouldn't have this problem. And I'm pretty strict in my definition of "Bible-believing." According to Faith Comes by Hearing, 65% of Bible-believing Christians have not read the entire New Testament. I disagree with this statistic for one simple reason: I would not call anyone "Bible-believing" who has not read the whole Bible! I've read the whole Bible and I read it as a whole. How about you?

Blog you later,
Pastor Ian

1 comments:

The Real Music Observer said...

This is good stuff, bro. We need some links in.